I came across this delicious recipe for a Blueberry & Lemon Cobbler and was inspired to make it since it’s quick (15 mins prep. time), easy & no-mess dish to bake-up.
I always love experimenting with ingredients and so made a few adjustments to the original recipe. Also, if you don’t fancy blueberries, feel free to use any other berry.
Prepping the baking dish:
60g tablespoons butter
Prepping the blueberries:
3 teaspoons of lemon rind
Juice from 1/2 lemon (optional)
For the batter:
50g almond flour (optional)
21/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
360ml whole milk or substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350F (~180C)
- In an oven proof dish, measuring approx 13 by 9 inch, add the butter and place the dish in the oven for about 10mins or until you see the butter turning light golden- brown in colour.
- Prepare the blueberries by adding to them, the sugar, grated lemon rind and the juice from 1/2 a lemon. Set aside. (Note: if the blueberries are not as sweet, you can skip on the lemon juice)
- To make the batter, in a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, almond powder, salt and sugar. Mix with a hand whisk. (Note: if you opt to skip on the almond flour, use a total of 200g of the flour rather than 150g).
- Next, pour in the milk and smooth out the batter by mixing continuously with a hand whisk.
- Take out the dish with the melted butter from the oven.
- Next pour in the batter evenly across the dish. Do not stir.
- Finally, sprinkle the blueberries all over the batter
- Bake for 45mins or until the batter is golden-brown in colour.
This hearty ‘n’ fruity cobbler is perfect for breakfast or as a dessert. Either way it’s best served up warm with a cup of tea or coffee. If you want to fully satisfy your sweet tooth, then serve a slice of it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or warm custard.